Reporter Ginger Adams Otis needed a new site to promote her book Firefight, including an easy to update events schedule for her book tour. I developed this site in WordPress in order to take advantage of its content management system. The responsive design works equally well on desktop and mobile devices.
Laura Baird / Studio B is the workspace of designer/developer Laura Baird. Based in Philadelphia, PA, Laura specializes in web and print projects for small to mid-size businesses and cultural organizations.
- Print design & production (book design & typesetting, brochures, catalogs, programs, workbooks, business cards, etc.)
- Identity design (logos, business cards, style guides, etc.)
- Responsive web design & development
- WordPress setup, customization, and training
- E-commerce site design & production
- Website maintenance & tech support
- Direct mail and email marketing
- PowerPoint presentation design & production
- Trade show graphics (banners, table-top displays, table covers, give-aways, etc.)
Looking back, I certainly did a lot of flyers (over 200!) for the Record Collector. Some of them turned out better than others, but overall it was a fun project (and I got to see some great live music and meet a lot of nice people.)
I have the good fortune to be friends and sometime work partners with Lord Whimsy, a.k.a. Allen Crawford of Plankton Art Co.
When it was time for him to redo his website, he asked for my help in making it happen. I developed it in WordPress using a customized template and was able to integrate his old LiveJournal blog and new website content into one cohesive user experience.